Blog about my experiences and exploration in art and art making
- Crafting Striking Dead Wood On A California Juniper Bonsai – The Jinning Technique🎥 Video Description: Join me on a captivating journey into the world of Bonsai as I unveil the artistry behind crafting a stunning dead wood feature, known as a Jin,… Read more: Crafting Striking Dead Wood On A California Juniper Bonsai – The Jinning Technique
- This instruction video shows you how I approach bonsai drawing in pastel. I start off with a sketch on black Canson pastel paper. I like using black because it act… Read more: Bonsai Drawing Series – Wisteria in Pastel
- Separating Light from Dark in a charcoal drawing
- Perspective is the way we seeing things from our point of view. This video discusses in detail how perspective, specifically ‘Linear Perspective’, influence our Bonsai Drawing and our Bonsai development.… Read more: Bonsai Drawing Series – Perspective
- This video is a detail instructional video on how to print from an etched plate. The process is called “Intaglio” which is a process where the image is produced from… Read more: Printing an Etching – the Intaglio Process
A collection of critiques through out out the years of my art groups work.
- Art Critique January 2015It’s been a few months since I wrote a blog about our critiques, so in good old fashion New Year resolution making, I rededicated myself to this effort. We are… Read more: Art Critique January 2015
- Art Critique May 2014May’s critique welcomed two new members and of course they contributed wonderfully with the group. Much of what we presented and talked about was our community with the world around… Read more: Art Critique May 2014
- Art Critique March 2014This month we had a very eclectic group of art which often provoke the greatest amount of discussion, especial focused on art making and processes. All participates seem to draw… Read more: Art Critique March 2014
- Art Critique Feburary 2014We had six attendees this month that included a wide variety of media and styles. Ron presented three beachscapes (about a quarter sheet size), based on some plein-air painting on… Read more: Art Critique Feburary 2014
- Art Critique January 2014This month critique focused on volume, mood and the painted picture dialog. It was a great way to start the New Year out and a way to keep the creative… Read more: Art Critique January 2014
Here is the latest work I have put up for sale on the site.